Sunday, May 7, 2017

OUAN406 - Weekly Journal - Week 1.

Week One.

This week we where given a new brief, this brief was a choice of things and want to work in a group with people. Personally I'm actually looking forward to doing this brief there were four options kinetic typography, respect from animals, the National autistic Society, and idents or ident-ity as the title of the project is called.
Personally idents is the  one that stood out for me, the idea of creating short little bursts of animation can appeal to me when I was younger I was fascinated with E4's idents how they were created and how they they were a competition that people could submit their work to which I thought was nice. Funny enough before was one of the options of the topics I can choose from. Others include National Geographic, Disney Jr, the Hallmark Channel. I'm stoned between E4 and National Geographic quite interested in how modern and simple the National Geographic rate their identity whereas the E4's quite crazy and in your face.
I mentioned before that this was a working in a group project you did have the option to work individually but I thought to be interesting to give myself the challenge of working with someone as I am used to working alone therefore my classmate Helen and I have decided to team up for this project and I'm excited to see what the outcome is.
We looked into generating some initial ideas and discuss which topic we wanted to do the most, and both came too the conclusion that we would do the topic of National Geographic, as we both like the simplicity of the design. We came up with the idea of creating a colour palette, so that we could have a base to the drawings, almost like a guide.







The colour pallet

No comments:

Post a Comment