Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Cleaning Up shots for Ally and Anna



Separate to our project I have actually done some work for other peoples groups, not a lot as a lot of my time is taken up by my project with Carla and Chloe. But I was asked by Anna and Ally If I would remove a few rigs for them, which I have done. I have though never done clean up like this before, I have only ever done line art so this I was going into blind and a little afraid.

The first scene I got was of the main character floating out of her chair , I found this relatively easy to do, I used the eraser for the most part but also used the auto correction tool (the plaster tool is how I've been referring to it.) This took me around an hour to do.

Original

Cleaned up



The also asked me to do some clean up of the Jelly fish, but this one I found very difficult to do. The issue was that they had forgotten to take a picture of the background before starting the scene, and I am no clean up expert as I have never done anything like this before I was a little at a loss as to what to do. Even so, I tried my best.

The original



I started by painting a background that sort of resembled the pre-existing one. I then went and did a block of colour masking the majority of the rig, and then went in to individually remove frames, this did not look good. It was jumpy and just bad.

Attempt 1.



I then went in and did another version where I painted some of the frames and that did work either.

Attempt 2.



Finally I did one painted frame, and moved it along with the Jelly fish, changing it where necessary. This was the best way I could find to do it, I did too, fixing one up a little more.

The final.




These where the only shots id been given, and I feel I've learnt something from this, mainly that I don't want to do it again.




No comments:

Post a Comment