Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Cleaning Up other shots. - 5,11,13,20,21



Clean up.

Ive decided to do my clean up blogs as one big post as It will just be easier to see it all In one.

I have been given roll of clean up for our animation, this makes it easier for everyone else to do there roughs continuously as I clean up the work.

Shot 5 :-

I began with shot 5, this was a shot Carla had animated, and had done some clean up for, but after some discussion the character wasn't completely accurate it was incredibly close, but it just need some refining there for I took the scene, did some revision of the roughs and then re-did the line art and coloured the scene in.

Carla's roughs



SHOT 5 clean up and coloured.



Shot 11 : -

Shot 11 was another one of Carlas scenes,  this time it was done In a class room which Is one of the two shots we have that actually take place during the day. This one is meant to be a panning zoom, but after looking at it again recently we decided that Anthony was in the wrong place there for I will eventually have to go in a tweak where he is sat, but that will take place after hand in.

Carlas roughs






Shot 11 clean up and coloured.




Shot 13 :-

This one is one of Chloe's scenes. This one was a bit of a struggle to do, reason being this shot has a very close in zoom, and we where debating which would be the best way to animate it. At first we tried taking Chloe's roughs and using after affects applying the zoom to the roughs so that I could draw the zoom frame by frame to ensure the line art would stay crisp. I animated about a second of this, but found it very difficult to do as I couldn't really use onion skins as it was pointless as each frame would get smaller and smaller. I spoke to Chloe and she agreed it was a bit of a difficult solution. We decided to ask Liam our local tech genius, to see what his solution would be. He suggested I do the line art on a normal not zoomed rough and then render out the line art on a really crisp setting such as 4k or 8k. This seems like a really good idea. Another issue we ran into was time, as this is the most recent shot I have cleaned up this weekend is the long weekend meaning Uni is closed on Monday, and as I don't have tv paint at home I cant finish the clean up. I asked Carla if she could finish of the scene, as it is just the friends that need to be finished and they are mainly stills, I drew one frame to give her something to start with. I did though manage just in time to finish Anthony's lines.

Chloes roughs.





The original zoom clean up




The final clean up.



Shot 19 :-

Another of Carlas scenes.

This one is pretty straight forward, I had originally done the whole scene before this one so it felt like just a continuation of that shot. There is not much to say about this one in comparison to my last shot. I did add some texture to the bed sheet to show where is body is and animated it to move with him.

Carlas roughs
Clean up and colour.


Shot 20 :-

Again a very simple scene, another of Carla's. I quite enjoyed doing this shot, it was a simple and It felt relaxing to do.

Carlas roughs.

Clean Up and colour.



Shot 21 ;-

This one was one of Chloes shots. This one actually has the shadow man in, so I was really excited to the clean up for him. It took a little longer to clean up and animate him, as he is completely black, which a few white outlines. What I did for him was did the black outline first, then colour him in completely black, then using a duplicated version of the line art using a clipping mask of sorts to colour of the line art with white where you are meant to see it. I then after completely finishing the shadowman's clean up I went on to do the friends afterwards.

Chloes roughs.



Shadow man:



Finished scene all together cleaned and coloured.


No comments:

Post a Comment