Sunday, March 5, 2017

Process and Production - Week 8



This week was another independent study week, so I've been working on my animation all week, and have around 7 seconds done, 4 of which have colour. I've gotten to the point of the animation where the chef has begun to fall, this started after 4 seconds and I aim to have him falling for a good 10 seconds if possible, which should round up to 14 leaving me with another 10 seconds to finish the remaining animation. I need to change some aspects of how he falls though, concentrating more of the ease in and ease out of his stumbling around the kitchen. This Tuesday we have a class crit, and I will be getting feedback from my piers with there opinions on how they feel my animation is progressing.





















I thought I'd discuss an animation that inspired me to create this kind of animation. The way Ratatouille was made, its style and how the characters where designed, really inspired me to create this animation. They way Gusteau designed was one of my favourite designs. He has a very rounded design, being bottom heavy with a very small head, which I think is a good design idea.

I also really like the way the kitchens have been designed, I've looked at some of the concept art and really loved they way they had been designed, yes they are a lot more modern compared to the drawings I have done for my kitchen but I still liked the way they have been done.




No comments:

Post a Comment