Sunday, February 17, 2019

LoopdeLoop


This months (February's) loopdeloop topic was 'Pig'.

I hadn't animated in a while, and was honestly a little nerves, so to counteract my nerves I thought I would try learning something new.

I had animated in after effects before, poorly and I couldn't really remember how to do it, but I wanted to at least try. I had also never really created anything using illustrator before there for I thought Id challenge myself and create my animation using these software's.


I began by drawing the pig.


This was my first attempt, it was okie, but I didn't really like the ears. I had also layered it all wrong.

I watched some tutorials to get a better understanding on how to create something in illustrator and they helped a lot.


I then tried another version, but I didn't like the legs all to much, they looked a little janky and out of place.
My final version had rounded feet that made the pig look a lot cuter.

I also made a baby pig, using the same shapes but changed the colour and some of the attributes.


My attempts at animating to being with were to put simply, not good. It looked more like a stretch than anything else, so I gave up on this design after figuring out my layering troubles and began working on the new pig.


The second animation looked as if the pig was dancing, so I thought Id seek some advise and found some videos on youtube that helped a lot. 






A test to see what he looked like moving, he was two quick here but I was pleased with the outcome.

I created a version of the pigs walking one behind the other using premier pro, and created a background in illustrator in keeping with the characters.


This was then submitted to loopdeloop.




No comments:

Post a Comment