Monday, March 4, 2019

Animating in TV paint.



I am very used to animating in Photoshop, but Tv Paint is or was, a completely unknown program to me. But we as a group agreed to animate in TV paint as it is industry standard and it will help build our CVs which is something I would really appreciate.

Therefor this week I began animating using the program.

My first scene is a very simple scene of an animated steamy mug of coffee.

This was my  first attempt I felt it was very quick and should definitely be slowed down.


This was my second attempt but it has the impression of somebody walking past which is not what we want at all.

After putting it to the group they suggested using a line as a base for my animation, but I felt it was a bit intense.
Here was my forth attempt but I wasn't happy with this one either as it was very faint and a bit to sporadic.

And here Is the final animation, I added a blur to the layer, as TV has a function where you can apply a blur to every frame of your animation and found that this worked the best.

I feel from just this 3 second scene I have learnt a lot about tv paint, and am excited to use it for future scenes.

I am pleased I had a rather basic scene to start off with as it slowly introduced me back into animating. It gave me time to readjust my self back into the animation world.

No comments:

Post a Comment