Saturday, March 3, 2018

Animation 4: Applied Animation - Week 2.

Earlier this week we looked into some colour palettes, the brief stated that the dogs trust yellow #ffd635 had to be in the project. I had already been using a website  :
https://coolors.co/a57548-fcd7ad-f6c28b-5296a5-ade1e5
This website randomly generates colour pallets, and allows you to lock a colour in so that the colours will generate matching colours to that code.

I made a few, and feel that the browns are more of a useful colour as you don't usually get blue or pink dogs.






















I also finished some character pages this week and finished a the second dog for our animation.

I wanted this dog to be almost a polar opposite of the first dog, having her larger and darker than Fin (the first dog). To show the comparison I also made a page of the dogs together. This page I thought was really important as it shows the dogs acting normally, and also the comparison in the height and shades.

The style I went for was something similar to Tin Tin. Tin Tins design is simple, but incredibly effective, its sketchy but cute, which was something I really wanted to do for our characters.


Snowy (Tin Tins dog) has small button eyes and a rather sketchy design, which Is something I think would look really nice in our animation. 

We discussed earlier that we wanted a transition of greys to colour, there for after taking the colour palettes into consideration I went ahead and gave the finished dogs colour. 




I also gave the dogs collars as they will have been adopted by that point.  I wanted the colours to match the greys almost exactly, as if the grey had been lifted.

I also decided to attempt a work cycle for pebbles this week, but I am in dire need of practice. 
 I began by watching multiple YouTube videos of reference ,finding some incredibly helpful.

A list of helpful YouTube videos!




https://youtu.be/zrqOAwCPowg - really good reference!


Here are my attempts: 

This was my first attempt, but this made her look like she had a limp.



I then slowed it down and added shading to see her legs more clearly. But decided her head bob was what was adding the limp. 

This was my last attempt, I slowed her down, removing the head bob, but I still feel she is slightly off, her paws are to high of the ground, and she seams to have a strut of sorts. 

I need to continue with this and develop my ability to animate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment